Walk gently on the Earth 22 Jeanneret Crescent, BINALONG BAY TAS 7216
The opportunity to purchase such a beautifully designed property rarely does come along, to be able to offer such a totally self-sustainable eco-friendly property on 2ha (4.94 acres) in such a beautiful location is a great pleasure. Designed to make the most of the north facing location, every detail of this home has been cleverly thought through as part of the design process, and then delivered through the building phase.
On offer is an open plan living, dining and kitchen area adjoining the covered front deck which overlooks the natural gardens, Labyrinth and walking paths with distant ocean views. Featuring recycled Oregan timber windows, Radiata Pine feature beams, Radiata pine slab kitchen benches and the rendered Straw Bale walls make this area warm and inviting. A separate pantry with plenty of storage adjoins the galley kitchen.
Downstairs has polished compacted earth floors in bedrooms which feature mud brick walls made from on-site clay. The master bedroom has outside sliding door access into a Japanese garden, overlooking a healthy frog pond.
This very low- embodied energy house features a stand alone 8 x 130 watt (1.04kw) solar power system with 24-volt battery storage and a 24/2000, 240-volt inverter. A gas cooker, low consumption 24-volt refrigerator, solar hot water system with wood fire back up make for a ‘no power bill’ household.
Other features include:
– Stone foundation, Strawbale, Mudbrick and Cob Construction
– Heating via gas wall heaters and wood heater
– Composting toilet, outside grey water system
– Separate Dojo used as a meditation room or perfect for a third bedroom with separate solar power system
– Outdoor shower with solar heated water
– Double length garage with workshop, higher door for campervan, laundry located in garage
– Water storage of over 32,000 litres, 2 fully enclosed veggie gardens
– Walking meditation Labyrinth, Fire Pit, and Medicine Wheel in a bush garden setting.
– A 5-minute walk to the beautiful Bay of Fires and the Dune Walk around Grants Lagoon, a 30-minute walk to Binalong Bay along the beach
– Tranquility and Privacy is assured in this fabulous bush retreat
Floor plans and copy of title available on request, inspections are strictly by appointment only and can be made by contacting Kristi Lette-Chapple at View St Helens today.